Masreya Media has been around for over 20-years and when it comes to localization services in the Middle East, we’ve seen and done it all. Our journey to the successes we enjoy today has been one of hard work, team spirit and integrity, resulting in working for some of the biggest companies in the market, a huge expansion in our facilities and offerings, and most importantly constant client satisfaction.
Our story dates back to 1998, with two friends in a Cairo apartment, one set of subtitling software – working for a single international client. We did not just execute projects, we lived and breathed them. As work grew, we needed to take on freelancers to cope. The hunt for good translators was no mean feat: testing one after another was tiring and hilarious in equal measures and resulted in us finding just one good freelancer…who couldn’t type. And so began the hunt for a typist, then an Arabic linguist – to catch all the grammatical errors that have plagued our language as it evolved.
As time passed, it became evident that we needed to become an ‘official’ outfit. In 2000, we left our flat behind and set up a subtitling and translation company in the Cairo suburb of Heliopolis, starting with three staff members and eight freelancers on our books.
Here’s the rest of our journey in milestones:
Added Arabic dubbing as a service in a separate office location
- Became the sole Arabic dubbing vendor for a major American entertainment household name
- Dubbed many feature films for the biggest broadcast platform in the Middle East
- Launched the subtitling service for the world’s biggest online and streaming media portal in the Middle East region
- Introduced audio description to the ME region.
Added large-scale game localization service
- Moved to new offices, centralizing all our services in one place
- Launched the first video game in Egyptian dialect.
- Became the first Netflix NP3 partner in Arabic localization
- Pioneered SDH (subtitling for the deaf and hard of hearing) in the Middle East
- Became ISO certified for both quality management and translation services
1000+ freelancers and in-house staff
With the turn of another decade, Masreya Media continues to grow, providing localization services for everything from blockbuster cinema releases to global channel launches in the region, yet we remain as passionate about the services we offer as we were back when we started in that flat in Cairo.